VRANCART SA Adjud currently recycles over 30% of the waste paper collected at national level, being the most important Romanian pulp wastes recycler and depolluter, this being proven by the great quantity of daily recycled waste paper, aprox. 300 tones of waste paper and cardboard.
Using the waste paper as raw material, we replace in the technological process the wooden material. This shows the special attention of our company for saving the natural resources and the real concern about the environment preservation.
Over 50% of the waste paper recycled by VRANCART SA Adjud is collected from the primary waste paper generators by the company`s collecting centres in: Bucuresti - three centres, one in Pantelimon, one in Chiajna and one in Popesti-Leordeni, Arad, Arges, Bacau, Botosani, Brasov, Cluj, Constanta, Dolj, Iasi, Mires, Maramures,Prahova, Sibiu, Timis, Vrancea - Focsani.
SC VRANCART SA also collects waste paper from the waste paper authorized collectors, collaborating with important suppliers of recyclable waste paper in Romania and from abroad.
Currently, our company is the only mill that uses as raw material the recycled paper and cardboard grades of all the 5 groups mentioned in the SR EN 643:2003 standard:
1. group 1 - ordinary grades
2. group 2 - medium grades
3. group 3 - high grades
4. group 4 - kraft grades
5. group 5 - special grades
The recycled waste paper must meet the quality criteria stipulated in the SR EN ISO 634:2003, respectively:
- the waste paper must not contain foreign elements (metals, wood, glass, rubber, celluloid, leather, textile strings, plastic, wax, polythene and other synthetic resins, waterproof paper, etc.);
- the waste paper must not contain: dirt, earth, carbon black, toxic products packages;
- the waste paper must not be decayed or musty;
- the waste paper`s moisture must be of max. 10%.
By recovering waste paper through the collecting centres and recycling it, we do not only save raw materials, but we also safeguard the environment.